I’m a civil rights lawyer and dog lover living in Denver, Colorado. My husband and I founded the Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center (CREEC) in 2013 after 17 years of plaintiffs’ civil rights practice as Fox & Robertson. If you would like to support CREEC and its civil rights mission, toss a coin or two in our direction!
Here is a quick list of things I’m more or less unequivocally for or against, so you can put me on your own personal political spectrum:
- Vigorously enforced civil rights laws and regulations: for.
- Marriage equality: for.
- Single-payer national health care: for.
- President Obama: for.
- The Democratic Party: for.
- The Republican Party: against.
- The Tea Party: against/lmao. [Update: funnier when protesting wearing tea bags than when crashing the economy.]
- Racial and religious profiling: against.
- Hate speech laws: against.
- Respecting other people and their beliefs when you speak: for.
- The Constitution: for.
- Pretending the Constitution is only open to a single interpretation: against.
- Abortion: against.
- Robust and inclusive immigration policy: for.
- Legalization of most recreational drugs: for.
- Right wing politicians who talk about family values but sexually harass their co-workers or try to pick up other men in restrooms: against in principle, but for in the sense that they provide good blog fodder.